Welcome to the style letters! I finally made the transition from Blogger to a self-hosted WordPress site with the incredible talent (and patience) of Lindsay Humes at White Oak Creative. Initially, I planned on waiting until 2015 to make the switch, but a huge opportunity in June called for immediate action. (More on that tomorrow!)
the style letters has evolved so much in the past year, and I wanted the new site to reflect where I’m at now, both personally and professionally. Inspired by my life in the city, I chose a palette of pale matte gold, soft gray, and granite. My pop of color? The prettiest shade of lilac. It reminds me of my grandmother, Polly, whose influence is everywhere on the style letters. Lindsay captured our inspirations in this branding guide:
In addition to its new home, the style letters offers exciting new features:
- Style Staples, a new series focused on classic pieces for all seasons. (Coming Thursday!)
- Shop The Edit, a monthly collection of my latest obsessions in one place.
- Styling services for personal wardrobes and blog shoots.
- Press: See where the style letters has been featured in print and online and read about partnerships with local and national brands.
- Easy navigation: Find style posts by season and enjoy your favorite series in the updated sidebar.
- Subscribe to the style letters.
My Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram also received an update of their own. (Bloglovin’ followers, you can catch me over here!) And what’s a relaunch without a major photo shoot? Lindsay, Mac, and I spent a Saturday in some of my favorite places in the city. (Style posts to follow!)
(Photography by Lindsay Humes and Stephen MacNamara)
A very special thanks to Lindsay Humes for making this dream a reality. Enjoy exploring the site and stay tuned for a HUGE announcement tomorrow! Hope you love the style letters’ new home as much as I do.