I’ll let you in on a little secret: Mixing and matching prints in your wardrobe will double your outfit options. (And earn you major style points!) The Bloggers Who Budget are engaging in a little pattern play this month and sharing our current obsessions under $100.
Let’s start with this striped fit and flare from Gap.
This has become one of the most versatile dresses in my closet – and now I can finally wear it without navy tights! Stripes mix well with a spring floral, and this top-fold bag from Jason Wu for Target is a seasonal favorite.
There’s just something about a navy stripe that calls for gold accessories. This chunky curb link necklace and cuff add the right amount of shine without competing against the busy mix of print and pattern.
And finally, THESE SHOES. I searched high and low for months to find my size in this color, but to no avail. As luck would have it, Piperlime restocked their inventory, and I grabbed the last size 7 – with a 25% off coupon and two Rewards cards towards the purchase. High five.
Mix It Up: Tips for Prints and Patterns
1. Start with a stripe and mix with a pattern in the same color family. I love stripes with florals or polka dots.
2. Feeling adventurous? Mix smaller prints with a larger variety. Think skinny and wide stripes or a small floral with large blooms.
3. Some prints act as a great neutral against busier patterns or bold colors. Try camouflage or leopard print.
- Gap Dress: $69.95 (similar; also love these options from Gap and J.Crew Factory)
- 14th and Union Necklace via Nordstrom Rack: $29.97 (similar)
- Lisa Freede Cuff via Nordstrom Rack: $34.97 (similar)
- Steve Madden x The Blonde Salad Pumps via Piperlime: $130
- Jason Wu for Target Bag: $39.99
How are you mixing it up this spring? Feel free to share your favorite combinations below and make sure to check out these bloggers’ stylish picks: